Although I’m not fully into the Paleo diet yet, I’m still eating clean. But after seeing Melanie posting her Paleo meals on her Instagram, I was tempted to incorporate Paleo meals in to my diet. Paleo is about eating fish, lean meats, egg and vegetables, excluding dairy products, sugar, salt and grains. Which is why I said I’m only partially in to it. I need my dairy!
Anyway, the recipe for this stuffed peppers is really simple. I will break it down for you:
- 1 large bell peppers any color
- Minced beef
- 2 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 large tomato
- Favorite seasoning blend
- 1 egg
How to cook:
- Clean peppers, cut in to half and set aside.
- Dice both the tomato and onion
- Pan fry minced beef, tomato, onion with olive oil and seasoning
- Fill each half of the peppers with the ingredients, break the egg and pour in to each half
- If you have an oven, set it to 375 deg, if not, use a happy call pan. Put both peppers in to the pan, cover it for 15 mins.
- Start eating!